Contributor, Contest Judge and Workshop Mentor
Lian-Hee Wee became a phonologist when he failed as a syntactician, which followed his failure as comedian, and before that, musician. His latest failure is at veganism. However, his failures are categorically indistinct from current passions since he hasn’t given up trying, tinkering and finding solace that any non-success is material for humor. His political views are naïve because for him RIGHTS & RESPONSIBILITIES apply to all sentient beings, even if they have a predator-prey relationship. He was born and raised in Singapore. The tropical heat drove him north only to settle in Hong Kong where it turned out to be only cooler in certain months. Wee is a Professor teaching at Hong Kong Baptist University.
- Issue #39 (April 2018): Auditory Cortex: Our Choices [Read]
- Cha “Auditory Cortex” Poetry Contest: Judge [Information]
- Issue #33 (September 2016): Revolution Without Text [Read]
- Issue #31 (March 2016): The Spell of the State (to be cast in a hexagram) [Read]
- Issue #27 (March 2015): What’s Wrong [Read]